The Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation (OEB), the Institute of Greek Tourism Confederation (INSETE) and the public policy consultancy adelphi participate in the European project Hotels4Climate, which aims to facilitate the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the hotel industry in Greece and Cyprus.
Project activities include, among others:
- Assessment of the current situation of the hotel sector in Cyprus and Greece in terms of energy use, energy and greenhouse gas emissions savings, and selection of good practices.
- Capacity building workshops and training for hotel staff on possible GHG reduction measures and energy saving practices.
- Development of an online information hub, to promote information exchange between the concerned hoteliers, to share knowledge products and to assess GHG emission reduction potential through a virtual tool
- Study visits of 10 Cyprus hotel representatives to hotels that apply good practices in Greece and Germany.
- Networking events with hotels representatives and financial institutions to showcase business models and best practices and enhance their collaboration opportunities
The project is funded by the European Climate Initiative (EUKI).