The Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation (OEB) participated in the annual labour law conference of the European Commission on “The Personal Scope of Labour Law in Times of Atypical Employment and Digitalisation”, which was held on April 28th, in Frankfurt, Germany.
The conference was organised by the European Centre of Expertise (ECE) in the Field of Labour Law, Employment and Labour Market Policies and was attended by independent experts, representatives of governments, employer organisations and trade unions, academics as well as lawyers working in the field of labour law.
During the conference, the following topics were presented and discussed:
– The Notion of “Employee” in EU – Law and National Laws.
– The Notion of “Employee” in need of Redefinition?
– Towards a Functional Concept of the “Employer”?
– The scope of the Working Time Directive: Perspectives and Challenges.
– The Scope of the Directives on Atypical Employment: Perspectives and Challenges.
OEB was represented by the Director of Industrial Relations & Social Policy, Mrs Lena Panayiotou.