The Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation (OEB) and the adelphi Research participate to the Business4Climate Plus project, whose aim is to develop a roadmap for financing projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in businesses in Cyprus. The ultimate goal is incorporating this into the national climate and energy strategy 2030.
The Business4Climate + aims, through concrete actions to be implemented by April 2019, to remove barriers on business access to GHG finance.
In particular, the project’s actions include:
- Identify successful models for financing climate and energy projects across Europe.
- Determination of the most appropriate financing models for such projects in Cyprus, both from the private and the public sectors.
- Development of a roadmap for the financing of greenhouse gas reduction projects for the Cyprus framework by 2030.
- Training stakeholders (banks, businesses, government officials) to improve relevant skills.
- Developing an online assessment tool for projects that aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The Business4Climate + is a continuation of the Business4Climate project, which provides Cypriot businesses with the tools to identify greenhouse gas emissions from their activities. It also helps to draw up an action plan for each business to reduce these emissions by giving recognition to businesses that are making efforts in this direction.
The project Business4Climate+, Enterprise Level GHG Reduction Initiative, is financed by the European Climate Initiative (EUKI). EUKI is a project financing instrument by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).